Signed in as:
- My Account
Signed in as:
We are a 7-day per week facility that offers guided horseback trail rides to the public, private and group lessons, and pasture boarding services.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old. In addition to meeting the requirements listed in the job description below, a confident, competent riding skill level is necessary; riding style or discipline does not matter.
Further, candidates must possess leadership qualities and skills equivalent to the position and services offered.
Starting rate is between $13.00-$16.00/hr. Raises and advancements available based on performance.
Position accepts tips.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: To provide exceptional customer service at all times, while assisting the Barn Manager with a wide range of tasks and assignments, including but not limited to equine health and well-being, farm maintenance, the smooth operation of public trail rides, and ensuring safe and quality interpretive experiences. The Lead Wrangler is able to pleasantly manage a flexible and ever changing list of duties and responsibilities while upholding the P3 philosophy.
· Fulfill the Job Description of a Trail Guide.
· Ensure proper opening and closing procedures.
· Set a clear standard for the Wrangler staff through exemplary performance and attitude.
· Direct the daily operation of the Hitching Post.
· Ensure consistency and accuracy of the daily operations according to the standard timeline.
· Maintain good working relationships.
· Direct and coach Groom, Drag, and Lead trainees.
· Coordinate with managers on goals, priorities, team needs, and achievements.
· Assist with equine nutrition and feed schedule by observing and collaborating on equine body condition and performance, make adjustments to feed and care schedules, and preparing feed orders.
· Participate in the overall care routine by observing the physical and mental health of each horse and making adjustments to care, grooming (Groom Horse Assignments), and work routines.
· Maintain records in the care and notes logs
· Maintain horse work logs, and important notes section.
· Make recommendations and be the ‘voice’ of the wranglers.
· Participate in the Safety Committee.
· Participate in planning and execution of all Equine related events.
· Assist with and/or coordinate facility maintenance and fence repair.
· Assist with and/or coordinate mowing and weed control.
The above statements describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification, it is not an exact list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Lake Louisa State Park, 7305 US Highway 27, Clermont, Florida 34714, United States
July 1 we will paddle beneath the Buck Moon!
Sign up early, space is limited!